What is mediation?
A mediation is a meeting that takes place in a controlled and safe environment, facilitated by a neutral mediator who is trained in conflict resolution. As soon as you enter the court system you hand control of your matter over to an unknown third party and risk ending up with an outcome that neither party is happy with. The mediation process avoids this, and allows individuals to engage in discussions to resolve their family law dispute and ultimately take control and ownership of the outcome or any agreement reached.
What are the benefits of mediation?
- You control the outcome rather than have a judge or third party impose a decision on you
- There is greater flexibility when determining solutions, allowing you to focus on what is important to you as individuals and what is best for you and your family moving forward
- You govern the time and place for the mediation that suits your schedule
- Mediation allows disputes to be resolved respectfully, cost effectively and quickly unlike litigation in court, which has the potential to drag out for years
- Mediation provides finality, so you can move on with your life
Please get in touch to find out how Nik can help you.